Info on maternity care while you’re expecting and following a delivery of the child through the COVID-19 pandemic.
This site had been final updated: 28 April 2020
This guidance that is interim predicated on what exactly is presently understood about COVID-19 together with transmission of other viral respiratory infections. The Ministry of wellness will upgrade it as brand new info is available.
Your care during maternity
That you may be experiencing heightened levels of anxiety while New Zealand is working to stop the spread of COVID-19 if you are pregnant or caring for newborn babies, it is understandable. What this means is your plans about in which you would provide delivery and who would give you support might need certainly to alter.
Your maternity care through your maternity will additionally be impacted. Your midwife (or Lead Maternity Carer) is going to do as much as possible over the telephone or via movie calling. Your midwife may reduce the quantity of face-to-face visits and can check with you the best spot to possess these. That is to safeguard both you and your midwife from COVID-19 illness.
In what we all know at present, expectant mothers usually do not appear any longer vunerable to the effects of COVID-19 disease compared to the basic populace. Expecting mothers inside their 3rd trimester should simply simply simply take additional precautions and keep by themselves well at any given time as soon as the growing child means greater air demands in the mom. If you’re a lot more than 28 months expecting you need to just take additional care in order to avoid COVID-19. Make every effort to:
- Keep two metres from people maybe not in your bubble
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your nose and mouth with cells
- Put utilized tissues when you look at the container or perhaps a case instantly
- Clean soap and water to your hands frequently (for at the very least 20 moments)
- Stay away from contact that is close those who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or lips in case the fingers aren’t clean
- Neat and disinfect usually moved areas and items, such as for example doorknobs
- Stay house should you believe unwell and Healthline that is call on 358 5453
- If you should be expecting, get the free flu vaccination to lower your threat of influenza (remember that the flu vaccine decreases danger of influenza it is perhaps not effective against COVID-19).